Friday, October 02, 2009

Day Two, I Was Afraid This Would Happen!

I like to think of myself as someone who embraces whole foods and fills my day with healthy options. Some days, though, are like today where they're filled more with things like soy yogurt, fruit, and coffee for breakfast, leftover Soy Curl Casserole for lunch and something super fast and totally processed for dinner. Tonight it was a matter of firing up the grill and throwing a couple Lightlife Smart Dogs Veggie Protein Links on it.

I've tried my share of veg hot dogs and these are, by far, the best to me. I don't particularly like hot dogs to begin with (nitrites, sodium, fat, and animal parts aside). But sometimes, a little quick stroll down childhood memory lane works in a pinch.I just threw them in some whole wheat store bought buns and, much like I enjoyed them as a kid, topped with mustard only. Before bed I snacked on some more fruit and called it a day.
Not exactly blog-worthy. I will say, however, that if you do like veg hot dogs, this brand is great because they're fat free, low calorie, not too bad in the sodium department, and tastes eerily like the real thing. On the grill, the texture is a wee bit soft but a lot closer than some of the other dogs out there.

I'm planning on something simple but MUCH more exciting (and less processed!) for dinner tomorrow. Here's to hoping day number three gets me back on track!

1 comment:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

So glad to see you posting during MoFo!! :)