Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Let The Sunshine In....

I have posted about these before (and can I just say, WOW! do I miss the time I once had for creating such elaborate meals and blogging away about them without a care!), but they're one of my favorite things to eat when I have no time to cook so why not throw them into the Vegan MoFo mix?!
Sunshine Burgers!

Sure, these babies taste something like the hippie-created varieties of old did, but I think what I love about these most is that they don't try to be something they're not. They don't attempt to mimic 'real' burgers or resemble meat in any way. They taste exactly like the list of ingredients: sunflower seeds, brown rice, carrots, and herbs. Heck yeah! All good things in my book. I will say that if you don't love sunflower seeds, the Original variety is not for you, as it's the dominant flavor, for sure. I've yet to try the other flavors, Garden Herb, Southwest or BBQ so I can't attest to their yumminess, but this one is a staple for me (and the first 'processed', prepared food that Taylor ever had. She LOVES them, too!). What I also love about these burgers is that they heat up easily on the stove top with no oil necessary, not even a spray!

I like these best on some earthy whole grain bread with sprouts, avocado, tomato and Veganaise. But I liked this one just fine last night on some oat bread with Veganaise, organic ketchup, and diced pickle. This and some Cascadian Farms Spud Puppies and I had plenty of time to chase down Taylor for bed time!

5 comments:

aimee said...

happily will I tell you that the s'west and bbq varieties are even better than the original. these are my absolute favorite frozen burgers! yummy!

Catherine Weber said...

Oh spud puppies . . . I haven't had those in SO long! Now I have a craving . . . !!

Katie said...

I haven't tried Sunshine Burgers yet. I reallllly want to soon. I've heard nothing but greatness about them. :)
The breakfast and falafel variations sound yummy too.

vegan.in.brighton said...

Yum, I love a good hippy burger!

VeganLinda said...

The southwest sunshine burgers are the best! I rarely buy them since we need three packages at least to fill my family, but they are great.