Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Ginger White Peach Smoothie

The plan was to blog about a delicious soup recipe I was reminded of when I scored  a pre-made serving in our freezer.

But my morning has been a sea of paperwork, leaving little time to dig up the recipe that I know I put somewhere......

So, lucky for my blogging daily for Vegan MoFo '13 goal, I received something in the mail yesterday that I have wanted for at least a decade, a Vitamix! (Insert crazy woman doing a happy dance to end all happy dances here) I scored a decent price on a reconditioned one (in retro espresso brown, oh yeah) with free shipping so I treated us now that our Magic Bullet that we settled on eight years ago (finally. those things last forever!) must be laid to rest. 

Pic of the shiny new kitchen appliance will have to wait, but I did have time to take it out of the box, clean it, and whip up a fantastic mid morning smoothie. I have missed smoothies. This one was just thrown together with what we had on hand. What's your favorite smoothie?
Please excuse the phone pic at the desk. Busy, busy!

Ginger White Peach Smoothie
serves 1

1/2 c. organic apple juice (or water, but my peaches weren't as ripe as I'd like)
1 white peach
1 tsp fresh ginger
1/2 frozen banana
1 T chia seeds
1/2 tsp wheat grass powder (optional)
4-5 ice cubes

Place ingredients in blender of choice. Blend until smooth. Throw in a straw and enjoy!


No comments: